Thursday, September 10, 2015

Installing Dogon Kayak

On Tuesday we began the installation by my renting a van and backing it into a brand-new gleaming white Ford truck parked across the street. I dropped a sculpture on the back of my foot, sent the contents of our van reeling when the car in front of us suddenly hit the brakes, and my back will never be the same again; but somehow Jack smiled through the entire process (perhaps because we managed to unload the stuff without scratching his pristine floors) and all-in-all very few feelings were injured while arguing over placement.

I actually think we might be ready for Saturday's opening.



You are invited to the opening of Dogon Kayak, Saturday 12 September, 2015, 3-5pm.

Jack Fischer Gallery, 311 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco

for more work: https://ward-schumaker.squarespace.com

8 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous!! And so sorry I can't make it. How long will it be up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, thanks for the kind words. The show hangs from 12 September to 17 October, 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to see it up close-looks like I'll be rewarded very much for BARTing over there. Those sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, beautiful work, Ward. I'll return to view again. Just lovely. And the small ones were delich.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks splendid Ward! bring the show to LA would you please!

    ReplyDelete